So we finally have a release date for Jean Auel's long anticipated Book 6: The Land of Painted Caves. And it is... March 29, 2011! That is wonderful news - but still a far away promise! So, let's continue to see what else we can find to keep ourselves amused until then...

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Memories - The Valley of Horses

I would have been around 12 or 13 years old the first time I read The Valley of Horses. My Mother and I had both really enjoyed The Clan of the Cave Bear and were eager to find out what happened next!

My Mom read it first because it was her book, and afterwards she was actually reluctant to pass it on to me because of all of the sex scenes (I was probably a little young for that). Of course I begged and pleaded... so in the end, she stapled all of the sex scene pages together and let me read the rest of the book!

I don't remember when I finally got to read the whole book - probably a couple of years later when The Mammoth Hunters came out and she got sick of stapling pages together! Ironically, the sex scenes are a part of the story I usually skip now when I re-read the books.

Can you believe that there was once a time when we only had to wait two years for a new Earth's Children Series book?

What are your The Valley Of Horses memories?

No comments:

Post a Comment